Educational News from Paksitan, Admission, Scholarhsip, Board News, University News
UET Lahore Entry Test Pattern and Guidelines for BSc Engineering and BS Technology admissions 2013
09 July, 2013
UET Lahore conducts combine entrance test for admissions to BSc Engineering and BS Technology programs offered by Government Universities of Punjab. For 2013 admissions, entrance test shall be conducted on 18 August 2013 at 10:00 AM.
1. The Entry Test will have the following portions: a. English: 10 questions. A paragraph would be given and candidates would be required to answer TEN multiple choice questions related to the paragraph.
b. Mathematics: 30 questions. All questions would be on topics covered in F.Sc/ "A" Level/ DAE. Questions would require the candidate to solve problems by using the skills and concepts learnt during the intermediate level studies. For example, candidates would certainly be asked questions requiring knowledge of Differentiation, Integration, Linear Algebra, Trigonometry, etc.
c. Physics: 30 questions. All questions would be on topics covered in F.Sc/ "A" Level/ DAE. Questions would require the candidate to solve problems by using the skills and concepts learnt during the intermediate level studies. For example, candidates would certainly be asked questions on Mechanics, Electricity & Magnetism, Work and Energy, etc.
d. Optional Subject. Chemistry/ Computer Science/ Statistics: 30 questions. All questions would be on topics covered in F.Sc/ "A" Level/ DAE. Questions would require the candidate to solve problems by using the skills and concepts learnt during the intermediate level studies.
2. Marking of Entry Test Answer Sheet: Correct Answer: 4 marks, Wrong Answer: -1 mark. No answer: 0 marks. this means that if a candidate has 40 correct answers, 40 wrong answers and 20 blanks (no answers), he/she would earn the following marks: 40 x 4 + 40 x (-1) + 20 x (0) = 160 – 40 + 0= 120 marks out of maximum 400.
3. Kindly note that the question paper would comprise of five subjects, three compulsory and two optional, that is: English, Mathematics and Physics (in any order) plus Chemistry and Computer Science from optional subjects. Statistics question paper would be distributed separately to candidates who have opted for Statistics.
4. The question paper will have FOUR versions. All versions will have the same questions, but the subjects, questions and answer choices would all be randomly placed. One version may have English as the first subject (that is, question numbers 1 to 10) and Mathematics as the second (that is, question numbers 11 to 40). The other version may have Physics as the first subject (that is, question numbers 1 to 30) and so on. Each version would have a separate answer sheet and candidates shall mark the answer sheet provided with their version. Similarly the correct answer may be Choice (A) for a certain question in one version and the same question would have the correct answer as, say choice (D) in another version.
5. The answer sheet will have a carbon copy sheet. In most of the cases, the carbon copy sheet becomes detached from the answer sheet. DO NOT staple it with the answer sheet. You may fill the carbon copy by hand separately for your record after finishing your test.
6. Candidates are advised NOT to carry the following items with them: (a) Mobile Phone; (b) Calculator; (c) any helping material; (d) Handbags; (e) Staplers.
7. Candidates MUST carry the following items ONLY: a) Photo identification like CNIC, Matriculation or first year certificate, passport or a domicile certificate accompanied with a Computerized "B" form; b) Admit Card (Computerized or Issued by the Center); c) Clean Clip Board ; d) Black ball pen .
8. Entry test is a pre-requisite for applying to UET Lahore or its affiliated colleges. Other public sector institutions like Punjab University, UET Taxila, BZU Multan, Islamia University Bahawalpur and some private institutions also require Combined Entry Test conducted by UET Lahore as a pre-requisite.
9. This Entry Test is valid for admission cycle 2013 only.