Government of Pakistan will launch Ehsas Kafalat programme today through which it will give cash stipends of Rs. 2000/- monthly and bank accounts to the most deserving and poorest women across the country
Ehsas Kafalat program
- Total number of expected Kafaalat beneficiary women: around 7 million
- In 70 districts:
- It will start with 1 million families in 70 districts. These families will start receiving Kafaalat stipends from February to March 2020.
- More beneficiary families will be added through desk registration over the course of the year
- Other districts will be covered by end of the year
- Existing eligible beneficiaries of BISP will continue to be part of Kafaalat
How Ehsaas Kafalat beneficiaries are identified?
Beneficiaries will be identified through a household survey and through Ehsaas NADRA Desk Registration Centers assisted by SMS and Kafaalat web-service.
At least one desk registration center has been established in each Tehsil.
Who is eligible for Ehsaas Kafalat program?
- Only the destitute are eligible under Kafaalat
- Government servants and their spouses, taxpayers, car owners, people with history of multiple foreign travels are not eligible under Kafaalat. Data analytics will be used to exclude individuals on these parameters
How will the payment be made?
- Payment will be made through the new biometric Ehsaas Digital Payment System which will ensure transparency in payments.
- under this, women will draw money from Point of Sales (PoS) agents, dedicated branches and Biometric enabled ATMs of Habib Bank and Alfalah Bank.
- Biometrically enabled ATMs have been opened for the first time, which means that women will not be hostage to Point of Sales agents and touts who used to deduct money from them, fraudulently
- Designated bank branches have been opened for these poor women for the first time so that they can draw money with dignity
- Each woman will have a bank account linked to her mobile phone to enable her to access economic opportunities