Government of the Punjab has allowed the opening of schools for two days in a week for administrative issues. Public schools in Punjab can be opened on Monday and Tuesday from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM. A notification has been issued in this regard by the Government of the Punjab.
in order to resolve administrative, budgetary, and ancillary matters, School Education Department has allowed the opening of the offices of District Education Authorities in Punjab with skeleton staff and admin. offices of public schools in Punjab for Two Days (Monday & Tuesday) in a week for the purpose of looking after the important issues of offices and school administration respectively by observing the following SOPs:
- Headteacher, Ministerial Staff (two-person), Class-IV (two-person) essentially required teachers (two persons).
- School opening timing shall be from 10:00 AM to 02:00 PM.
- Face mask shall be mandatory for the people dealing with the parents/visitors.
- Strict compliance with social distancing shall be ensured and gatherings/crowding of people shall not be permitted. Circles with appropriate distance or similar appropriate means shall be used for this purpose, for social distancing.
- Teachers and staff may be called for pay purposes only with a class-wise schedule, one class per day.
- Soap and hand-sanitizers must be provided.
- No student shall be allowed to visit the school for any purpose.
- Washrooms and other areas shall be disinfected with a chlorine solution, daily.