Higher Education Commission HEC Islamabad announces Interim Placement of Fresh PhDs for one year in Universities, Colleges, and Research Organizations for one year. This is a great opportunity for fresh PhDs who want to start their career. The program offers multiple benefits including one-year job experience at reputed institutions, training, and mentoring by HEC for better career opportunities.
Applications are Invited for the interim Placement of Fresh PhDs (IPFP) program in all areas of study/disciplines under the IPFP Phase-II (Batch·ll). The Higher Education Commission Pakistan launched the IPFP program to create opportunities for fresh Ph.D. students to obtain academic experience and mentorship for one year In Higher Education institutions (HEls), Federal/provincial government postgraduate colleges, or public sector R&D organizations prior to their formal entry into the academic job market.
The last date to apply for the HEC Interim Placement of Fresh PhDs program is March 31, 2021. Applications can be submitted online at the HEC e-portal.
Eligibility Criteria for Interim Placement of Fresh PhDs Program
- Pakistani/AJK nationality
- Age should not be over 40 years at the time of applying.
- Holder of a Ph.D. degree from an HEC-recognized Pakistani (or foreign) university completed within the two years preceding the advertisement
- The candidate should have published at least two research publications in HEC-recognized journals or Indexed journals.
- Candidates must be unemployed. However, those holding Irregular or contractual positions (or other sub-optimal jobs) in universities or elsewhere may apply, and If selected, will have to resign and submit a clearance certificate from their previous employer.
HEC Interim Placement of Fresh PhDs Program Benefit
National Faculty Development Program (NFDP): Eligible candidates will get an outstanding opportunity to attend free of cost one-month NFDP with a team of highly reputed international and national trainers.
Continuous professional development: Eligible Candidates who successfully complete NFDP will also get continuous capacity-building opportunities through various online activities recommended by the National Academy of Higher Education (NAHE) during the period of the fellowship.
One year placement at Host Institution: HEC will facilitate the IPFP Fellow in getting an opportunity of placement at HEls for one year as an IPFP fellow by sharing credentials of successful candidates.
Mentorship: A faculty mentor will be assigned to teach IPFP Fellow at the host universities.
How to apply for the HEC Interim Placement of Fresh PhDs program
- Interested applicants are required to apply online HEC e-portal. i.e. https://eportal.hec.gov.pk/ipfp for IPFP Phase-II (Batch-II) on or before March 31, 2021.
- Scanned copies of HEC attested Ph.D. degrees and/or an equivalence certificate issued by HEC Equivalence Cell must be uploaded on the e-portal along with the application.
- Online deposit slip/ATM Transfer Slip of A 3000/· (nonrefundable), paid as application processing fee In favour of Director General Finance, HEC in the Account Number 1742 79001334-01 Habib Bank Limited, must also be uploaded.
- Applicants are required to post the printed application form along with the requisite documents/photocopies and original fee deposit slip.