NUMS has announced Admission for First Year MBBS/BDS - Session 2018-19 For Army Medical College, Federal Medical and Dental College Islamabad and all Public Sector Medical & Dental Colleges in AJK. Admission registrations shall start from November 29, 2018 and Last date to apply for admission in NUMS affiliated colleges is December 10, 2018.
Eligibility Criteria for NUMS Admission 2018
- Minimum 60% aggregate marks in FSc (Pre-Medical) or Equivalent for admission in all categories.
- NUMS-MDCAT (Entry Test)is mandatory for admission in Army Medical College &Federal Medical and Dental College Islamabad
- Entry test -2018, conducted by UHS for admissions in AJ&K Medical Colleges is mandatory.
Open Merit Seats:
- All Pakistanis having valid citizenship can apply in all above mentioned Medical/Dental colleges on open merit seats.
- Applicants desirous for admission in Public Sector Medical/Dental colleges against district quota/reserved seats needs to submit a certificate issued by concerned authority certifying that applicant is eligible against that quota/reserved seat e.g. domicile certificate, federal government employees certificate, disability certificate etc. Foreign or Dual Nationality or Overseas:
- Foreign or Dual Nationality Holders or Overseas Pakistanis students desirous of admission on Open Merit & Foreign Quota seats must have passed obtaining minimum 60% marks in aggregate from foreign education system in at least three compulsory subjects of biology, chemistry and either mathematics or physics from Pakistan or outside of Pakistan and such course must have been duly certified by IBCC as equivalent to HSSC, F.Sc or intermediate level of Pakistan.
- The Applicant must have passed English language proficiency test e.g. valid TOEFL or I ELTS with a minimum score of 500 or 5.5 or have a certification by National University of Modern Languages (NUML) after one year English language course, where medium of instructions for obtaining required academic qualifications for admission test is not in English,
- Applicants having foreign or dual nationality or overseas Pakistani students and qualified from abroad may also apply if they have passed local Entry Test (NUMS-MDCAT in case of admission in Army Medical College, FM&DC Islamabad & Entry Test conducted by UHS for Admission in Public Sector Medical Colleges of AJ&K) or a foreign SAT II examination with minimum 550 marks in each of the three subjects i.e. biology, chemistry and either physics or mathematics or a foreign MCATwith minimum score of 500.
- No Applicant shall be eligible for foreign quota seats in Public medical and dental institutions unless he holds a permanent foreign nationality or dual nationality or overseas Pakistani.
How to Apply for NUMS Admission to FMDC and AMC 2018:
- The Applicants are required to visit NUMS Website www.numspak edu.pk and clickthe link "Admissions in Public Sector Medical & Dental Colleges".
- Please register with your valid email address. A link will be forwarded to the email address. The candidate will be able to set the password by clicking the link. The email address will be subsequently used for activation of Applicant's account and further communication. After registration you can login to complete your application form. Please submit Online Application last date before 4 p.m. on Monday. 10th December 2018.
- Applicants are advised to be careful in selecting their priority of Medical/ Dental Colleges and options on open merit and reserved quota, applicant will be offered admission in Medical/Dental Colleges on merit and as per his/her order of priority/option/choice. Once applicant is offered admission as per his/her merit and priority/option, it will be final and it will not be changed. The application once submitted cannot be changed by the applicant .A Feedback form is available in the Admission Portal, where applicant can mention his mistakes committed by him/her while filling the form for rectification by NUMSAdmin. After submission of Application, the applicant can take print out of the form and will sign on the specified places especially in the "order of preference" against name of each selected college. The signature of Parent/Guardian in the Printed Application is mandatory. Any type of cutting or erasing on the Application Form will result into rejection of the Form. Admission Processing fee challan @ Rs.1000/-will be printed out, which can be deposited at nearest branch of Habib Bank Ltd. (Countrywide) on following Account details:
Account Title: NUMS
Account No: 12367980756203
Swift Code: HABBPKKA007
Branch: Habib Bank Limited, Kashmir Road Branch, Rawalpindi. Pakistan.
NUMS Admission Schedule Session 2018-19
Registration of Application for Admissions Opens: Thursday 29th November 2018
Last Date of Receipt of Application for Admission: 4 p.m. on Monday, 10 December 2018
Hifz e Quran Test: Wednesday & Thursday 12-13 December 2018
Medical Test/Examination for Disabled: Wednesday & Thursday 12-13 December 2018
Display of 1st Merit List: Thursday, 20 December 2018