This year 1122 MBBS seats remained vacant in Medical colleges in Pakistan. Pakistan Medical Commission PMC has advised the medical colleges to re-announce the merit lists. Most of the seats are vacant in Federal Capital, Islamabad's medical colleges. 50 seats remained vacant in Federal Medical and Dental College, a public sector medical college in Islamabad. 346 seats remained un-filled in private medical colleges of Islamabad.
It is a surprising fact that not only self finance and foreign national seats remained unfilled but open merit seats were not fully utilized in most of the medical colleges.
Vacant MBBS Seats in Medical Colleges
- 9 vacant MBBS Seats in Shifa Medical College
- 18 seats in Islamic Medical and Dental College
- 39 Seats in Al-Nafees Medical college
- 64 Seats in Bari Imam Medical College
- 78 seats in Mohi-uddin Medical College
- 62 seats in Rawal Health Institute
In Federal Medical college, 4 open merit seats, 28 seats of Punjab, 2 seats for KP, 2 seats for AJK, 1 seat for FATA, 1 for ICT, 2 for Sindh Urban, 2 for Sindh Rural and 6 seats of Federal Employees quota remained vacant.