On the directions of Prime Minister, Imran Khan, Pakistan Post has started its internship program for youth. Over 35,000 youth will be provided an opportunity for internship at Pakistan Post for one month.
In a video message, the Federal Minister for Postal Services, Murad Saeed announced the internship program. Murad Saeed said that the first session will begin from November 04 and more than 35,000 youngsters will benefit from the program.
Internship opportunities are available at more than 1200 post offices across the country where the young people will learn different skills that can help them start their own businesses or be a part of the Prime Minister’s Kamyab Jawan scheme.
During one month, the internees will be trained under three different modules including:
Last Date to Apply for Pakistan Post Internship:
The last day to apply is 21st October 2019.
How to Apply for Pakistan Post Internship Program :
- For filling the form visit this website www.pakpost.gov.pk. All requests shall be made either by email or by contacting the officers concerned listed below.
- Candidates are advised to send complete documents duly attested, only by registered post, to the AD office of their respective district as given in the tables below.
People between the age of 20 and 30 can apply for the internship. Those having done matriculation or graduation or equivalent degrees are eligible to apply. No stipend will be provided to the trainees for the course of the internship. The registration forms can be downloaded from Pakistan Post’s website
Prime Minister envisioned National Youth Development Framework (NYDF) to empower youth and bring employment opportunities under which Pakistan Post has initiated Prime Minister Internship Program under which opportunity is being offered across the country for internship, starting from 4th Nov-2019. The criteria for the Prime Minister Internship Program are as under:
Internship Modules Program A: (Franchise Post Office)
- Understanding of Postal Products
- Accounting Procedures
- Hands on training for booking of Postal Products
- Preparation of bill & commission on different services as franchisee
Internship Module Program B: (Insurance Agents)
- Types of insurance policies
- How to become PLI agent
- Calculations related to insurance premium
- Marketing for insurance
Legal formalities Internship Module Program C: (E- Commerce)
- Basics of E-Commerce
- Web portals to start E- business
- Role of delivery partner in e-commerce
- How to become successful e-commerce entrepreneur
- Understanding of cash on delivery
Importan Information for Pakistan Post Internship Program:
- 1st internship program will start from 4th of November 2019.
- Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
- 20% women quota will be applicable.
- The internship will be governed under the given terms and conditions.
- No TA /DA/Stipend/Accommodation will be paid/provided for the training.
- Incomplete applications and late submissions will not be considered.
- Any violation of these terms and conditions will render the internship liable to be terminated.
- Candidates are advised to apply on the proforma available on www.pakpost.gov.pk.
- All applications shall either be submitted through email or reach concerned officers given below, on or before 21st October, 2019.
- Candidates are requested to send complete documents duly attested, only by registered post, to the AD Staff of their respective district as given in the tables below:
Terms and conditions of Prime Minister Internship program in Pakistan post
- Pakistan Post will make final selection for the Prime Minister Internship Program as per requirements.
- Prime Minister Internship is not an offer of employment in any way nor does it confer any right to the intern for continuance of internship after a month. 3.
- The intern will not be entitled to any accommodation, travelling expenses, transport to duty, medical facilities or any other benefits during Internship.
- The intern will be governed by the rules and regulations of the organization including but not limited to, observance of working hours, confidentiality and discipline. The noncompliance with the said rules and regulations shall make the internship liable to be terminated.
- The intern will accept all decisions of the management in respect of placement in any committee, branch or office or cell or any other issue relating to the internship, such decision shall be binding and shall not be challenged in any court of law by the intern or any other person acting through or under him.
- Pakistan Post reserves the right to terminate at any time the internship of any or all the interns without assigning any reasons or giving notice thereof.
- Intern can request for termination of internship on giving 07 days’ notice in writing to the management. In such a case, however, the intern shall not be entitled to receive internship completion certificate.
- Pakistan Post shall terminate the intern if it is proved, beyond a reasonable doubt, that there has been disclosure of an official confidential document or information.