University of the Punjab PU Lahore has decided to continue the online classes during vacations and summer vacations will be announced as per schedule of the university. It is mandatory for all students of Punjab university to attend online classes. Teacher will take attendance during the online classes. However, genuine cases of the students who are unable to attend online classes, will be offered compensatory classes when academic activities begin. The university issued a notification today which reads as follows:
As per guide lines of HEC, PHEC and then the recommendations made by Deans of the Faculties and HoDs on April 2, 2020, the Vice Chancellor has, in exercise of the powers vested in him under Section 15 (3) of the University of the Punjab Act 1973, in anticipation of the approval of the relevant bodies (Academic Council and Syndicate), has been pleased to approve the following recommendations only in Corona virus period in order to minimize the time Joss of the students:-"
- The online classes are mandatory and will continue as per time-table issued by the relevant College/ Institute/Center/ Department
- The students should be provided with the syllabi of the subjects and relevant books on top priority basis.
- Course materials and recorded lectures should be mailed/ emailed/ uploaded through the relevant software to maximize the learning outcome of the students.
- The decision about assessment/examination (Mid/ Final or Comprehensive exam) of theoretical subjects will be decided at an appropriate time when the situation is normalized. However, the assignments with maximum 30% weightage can be given to the students during online classes.
- Lab work/Practical sessions with relevant module along with its exam will be conducted when the situation is normalized.
- Genuine issues of those students who are unable to attend online classes, at all, will be offered on campus compensatory classes/summer camp or additional credits during the regular semester, when the situation is normalized
- All teachers including visiting faculty are requested to keep their record of attendance.
- The Oeans/HoDs are requested to ensure the regularity of the online classes.
- Summer vacations will be announced as per university schedule.