Applications are open for HEC Commonwealth Scholarship for Master and PhD in UK. Commonwealth scholarships are Funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID). Basic criteria for Commonwealth Scholarships is to offer the higher education opportunities to those who could not otherwise afford their studies in the UK. DFID Is providing around f £1,084 per month or £1,330, (approximately PKR: 250,000 per month) stipend, Return Air Ticket, Children Allowence, Spouse allowence, study tour allowence and much more.
Benefits of HEC Commonwealth Scholarship for UK / FINANCIAL COVERAGE
The HEC Commonwealth Scholarship for Master and PhD in UK will cover the following:
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,084 per month or £1,330, (approximately PKR: 250,000 per month )for those at universities in London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2018/2019 levels).
- Full tuition fees.
- Two way ticket to UK (for start of the program and at the end of the program)
- Warm clothing allowance, where applicable.
- Traveling Expense related to study tours
- Air Ticket for field work
- One Air Ticket for Home country during the studies
- Family allowances as follows:
- Spouse allowance of £233 per month
- Child allowance of £233 per month for the first child, and £114 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16
- child allowance of £465 per month for Widow/Divorced/single parent the first child, and £114 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16, if you are accompanied by your children and they are living with you at the same address in the UK.
Deadline for submission of HEC online application is September 30, 2019
Programmes offered for Commonwealth Master and PhD Scholarships in UK
Commonwealth Scholarships for Masters and PhD in UK are for candidates from low and middle income Commonwealth countries, for fulltime Masters and Doctoral study (PhD) at a UK University. These scholarships are offered under following six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
Visit following links for detailed information
Duration of the Programme
The duration of the scholarship program is valid for one year for Master & three years for PhD starting from fall 2020.
Eligibility Criteria for Commonwealth Master and PhD scholarship UK
The admission is open under Commonwealth scholarship in United Kingdom for 2020. Basic eligibility requirements are as follow:
To apply for these scholarships, you must:
- Be a Pakistani AJ&K national & permanent resident of Pakistan AJ&K
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September October 2020
- For Master Scholarship, candidate by closing date of application must hold a first class/first division degree complete in all aspects in graduate qualification (16 years degree i.e. MSC/MA/MBA/BS/BBA etc) in the relevant field of study.
- For PhD scholarship, applicant must hold a first class degree in relevant postgraduate qualification (18 and 17 years MS/MPhil degree) in the relevant field of study by closing date of applications
- Not have any third division throughout your academic career and maximum of two second divisions are allowed but candidate must not have second division in the terminal/last degree.
- Must apply under one of the themes as mentioned above and on the CSC website and candidate's field of study must be in line with future development needs of Pakistan.
- NOT be registered for a PhD, or an MPhil leading to a PhD, or Masters at a UK university before September/October 2019 or candidate not have studied at same level in UK before.
- Be unable to afford the study in the United Kingdom without this scholarship
Apply online at HEC website: http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/loa . After registering and filling your profile, please select "Learning Opportunities Abroad" under "Scholarship and Grant" menu in left hand side panel of the online portal. After that apply online to Commonwealth Scholarship through EAS form for Masters & Doctoral studies (PhD) through Electronic Application System (EAS) at:
- Masters: https://fs29.formsite.com/m3nCYq/iy6rpgiqua/form_login.html
- PhD: https://fs29.formsite.com/m3nCYq/je4otvtpus/form_login.html
All the applications for Masters/PhD without submitting both EAS Application form and online HEC form will not be entertained in any case.
- Save your HEC online application & Commonwealth online application after successful submission to relevant portals.
- Hardcopies of HEC application form (alongwith relevant academic documents viz. transcripts, equivalence for foreign degree, statement of purpose, study/research plan, copies of CNIC, Domicile) & submitted Commonwealth scholarship forms may be kept saved. They will be taken from shortlisted candidates only
Do not send your hardcopies of applications at this stage.
Disclaimer: Applicants for applying Commonwealth scholarship are advised to submit their online application on Commonwealth EAS Scholarship portal first. After submission of EAS form, applicants must also apply on HEC online application portal http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/hec-portal-web/auth/login.jsf.
Please note that if any applicant could not submit online application through both HEC e-portal and CSC EAS portal, applications will not be considered for further processing.