Higher Education Commission HEC Islamabad offers HEC Need-Based Scholarship program to undergraduate students enrolled in 98 universities of the country. Students enrolled in undergraduate programs at Public sector universities and their sub-campuses can avail HEC Need-based Scholarship. Only students admitted on open merit can apply. Students admitted on self-finance schemes cannot apply for HEC need-based scholarship.
Pakistan has no shortage of talented youth, but in several instances, lack of resources prevents them from realizing their potential. This is particularly problematic when it comes to accessing higher education. The Government of Pakistan acknowledges these constraints and has tasked the Higher Education Commission with facilitating needy and deserving students through need-based Scholarships.
HEC need-based scholarships are announced by the universities. Students are required to fill in the application form available at HEC website and submit it to the Financial Aid office of their respective University. Students cannot apply directly to the HEC. As universities shortlist the students and send the application forms to HEC.
HEC Need Based Scholarship Covers:
- Full Tuition Fee
- PKR: 6000/- Monthly Stipend
HEC Need Based Scholarship Eligiblity criteria:
- Students admitted in Any undergraduate Disciplines are eligible
- Currently enrolled in a 4 or 5 years undergraduate degree program.
- Admitted on open merit
- Students in financial need who are already enrolled in participating institutions are also eligible to apply.
- Financially deserving
- The number of slots will be decided by the universities.
- Funding for slots will continue for the complete duration of the program. In case any students drop out, they will be replaced by other candidates on the waiting list.
- In the case of Medicine, Pharm-D, and other five-year programs, funding will be made available for the complete program.
- Considering the allocated grant, the university may adjust the total number of scholarships to an extent in order to cover the tuition fees.
- In addition to the tuition fee, every grantee will be paid Rs.6000/- stipend per month for the complete program.
How to apply for HEC Need-Based Scholarship
- All universities announce their application receiving date for HEC need-based scholarship separately. Contact your university's financial aid office. Interested applicants can receive the Scholarship Application Form from the Financial Aid Office (FAO) at the participating University/Institution. The form can also be Downloaded Here.
- The Scholarship Form will be submitted along with supporting documents to the same Financial Aid office (at university only) after completion. (HEC will not accept any application form directly)
- Students need to secure admission to any one of the approved disciplines at the participating Universities/Institutions as per their admission criteria.
- Please note that this scholarship program also considers partial scholarships for students already enrolled at the selected university/DAI.
- Please note that under this scholarship scheme, the funds are not transferred directly to students by HEC. The payment is made to the students through participating universities/institutions.