Khyber Pakhtunkhwa worker welfare board/fund announced scholarships for children of industrial and mine workers enrolled in colleges/universities and institutions for session 2020-21. Students studying in different institutions are categorized into three categories. Scholarship forms can be submitted latest by November 30 for Fall 2020 session and by February 26 for the Spring 2021 session.
The worker welfare board shall bear all the expenses of the student including Admission fee, tuition fee, transport charges, hostel fee, library fee, computer fee and exam fee. A monthly stipend will also be given to the students.
Workers must satisfy the definition given in the Industrial Relation act IRA 2012. A minimum service period of 3 years is mandatory. The worker must also be registered with EOBI or ESSI. Employees of Worker Welfare Board and Fund and their children are also eligible for the scholarship.
KP Worker Welfare Board / Fund Scholarship 2020 Categories
Students are dividing into the following three categories.
- Students enrolled in educational institutions under the administration of the Worker Welfare Board / Fund. If seats are not available in these institutions, students may get admission in Public Schools or Cadet Colleges under any Provincial or Federal Government. Students enrolled in Worker Welfare Board's higher secondary schools shall be given priority. A Monthly stipend of PKR: 3500/- shall be given to these students. The last date to apply for Category-1 is October 31, 2020.
- Graduation degree (2 year or four-year degree) or equivalent in HEC recognized Government or Private University or students enrolled in Affiliated Government Colleges. A monthly stipend of PKR: 4500/- The last date to apply: December 31, 2020
- Engineering or Medical Degree or Post graduation degree from a recognized Government or Private university or College. Monthly 5500/- stipend. Last date: March 31, 2021
Required documents for KP Worker Welfare Fund Scholarship
- Admission offer letter by HEC/PMDC/PEC/HERA recognized institution
- Scholarship form attested by factory Management or CBA
- Attested copy of CNIC/Form-B/Birth Certificate
- Attested copy of Worker's CNIC
- Attestable EOBI/ESSI Worker Card
- Copy of EOBI/ESSI worker card
- Copies of DMCs/Marks sheets/Result cards of previous exams
- Original Service Certificate by the respective factory
- Original Payslip from the respective factory
- Copy of 2% payment certificate as per relevant registration act/industrial and Mines act
- Copies of fee payment receipt of the respective university
- Documental proof of the registration/recognition of the institution