The Government of Japan offers a scholarship to Pakistani teachers who wish to conduct research on school education. All the Primary and Secondary School Teachers of Government and Private Schools can apply for the MEXT Teacher Training Scholarship. The scholarship is for 18 months training period. Certificates will be awarded after the successful completion of the training period. The Teacher Training scholarship is offered by the Monbukagakusho (Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, Government of Japan: MEXT) Scholarship Program.
Teachers from all over the country with a minimum of 5 years of teaching experience in Government or Private schools may apply for the scholarship. Applicants must be graduated from universities or teacher training schools and have worked as teachers at primary/secondary educational institutions or teacher training schools (excluding universities). The application can be submitted through the Embassy of Japan. The application deadline is January 28, 2022.
Fields: Social Sciences
MEXT Japan Teacher Training Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Maximum 35 years of Age: Applicants must be born on or after April 2, 1987.
- Qualifications: Minimum Bachelor's degree from a university or teacher training institute with 5 years teaching experience in total as of October 1, 2021. In-service university faculty members are not eligible.
- Individual Criteria: Applicants must be intellectually and psychologically capable of spending an eighteen-month period in an international atmosphere in a society with a culture very different from that of Pakistan. Also, applicants must be willing to learn the Japanese language and receive research guidance in Japanese, because many universities conduct courses only in Japanese. Japanese language training is provided by the University in Japan beforehand. The courses usually start in October.
- Please click here for guidelines.
How to apply for MEXT Teacher Training Scholarship
Fill in the application form available on the Embassy of Japan Website. A letter of recommendation is required to be attached issued by the principal of the respective school.
- Prescribed Application form, duly filled.
- Letter of recommendation from your Principal
- A (brief) statement of purpose for applying to this scholarship
* Medical form and other documents mentioned inside the Guidelines are not required at this stage.
The envelope must be marked as “MEXT Teachers Training Scholarship”
and sent to the following address:
Public Affairs Section,
Embassy of Japan,
Diplomatic Enclave 1, Islamabad.