The Faculty Development Programme has been designed for capacity enhancement of selected universities. The purpose of the FDP is to encourage and reward existing faculty for developing their teaching skills in key areas of their expertise. It caters to enhance the education level and encourage the young non-PhD faculty members so that they can contribute in nation building with their technical and professional enhanced knowledge. The programme focuses on strengthening of university academic programmes through foreign qualified faculty and enhancing effectiveness of teaching and learning at Pakistan. It will also bring opportunities to develop research projects and simultaneously build capacity in the education system of both the partner countries.
- Pakistani / AJK nationals/as specified against university,
- Must have minimum 18 years of education with MS/ M.Phil/ equivalent degree for Ph.D admission in relevant field,
- Must have a first division (in annual examination system) or CGPA 3.0 out of 4.0 or 4.0 out of 5.0 in the final degree.
- Maximum two second divisions and no third division throughout academic career,
- Maximum age on closing date:
- 40 years for full time/ regular employees of university/ R&D organizations;
- 35 years for all others.
- Must obtain minimum 50 marks in HEC aptitude test (HAT).
- Must have obtained requisite qualification on or before the closing date i.e 20th December 2017.
Those who are availing any other scholarship are not eligible to apply.
How to apply:
- Applicants are required to submit online application via HEC e-portal at: http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/ofdp
- Click here to download Online Application User Manual
- Original online deposit slip OR ATM transfer slip of Rs 500/- (non–refundable) as application processing fee in favour of DG Finance, HEC must be uploaded on HEC e-portal. Fee can be deposited in Account Number 1742-79001334-01, Habib Bank Ltd through any bank.
- Hard copy of application is not required at the moment. Candidates are advised to keep original deposit slip for record and future correspondance.