HEC announces US-Pakistan Knowledge Corridor PhD Scholarship Program. 10,000 scholarships will be awarded for PhD studies in top ranked US Universities. Those having MS/MPhil degrees can apply through for this scholarship. Last date to submit application form with required documents is December 31, 2017.
According to the Plan, ten thousand (10,000) Pakistani scholars will join US universities in next ten years as an effort of the Government of Pakistan to train its faculty resources in identified subject areas.
As Phase-I, 1500 scholarships will be financed through Public Sector Development Program (PSDP) and the project has been approved in ECNEC, held on Jan 25, 2017.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be Pakistani citizen/national/AJK nationals who meet other criteria.
- Have MS, M Phil or equivalent degree (18 years of formal education) from an accredited university/institution approved by Higher Education Commission, prior to this program, relating to selected fields for the PhD Degree Program.
- Have a maximum age of 40 for regular faculty members and researchers of public sector universities/R&D organizations, subject to NOC issuance and for all others maximum age of 35 at the time of closing date of application submission.
- Have an active commitment to serve the universities/R&D organizations in Pakistan after the completion of studies under the scheme. All selected applicants are required to sign a bond to return back and work in Pakistan for a minimum of five years upon completion of degree program.
- Individuals who have availed/availing any other HEC scholarship are eligible for this scholarship program subject to approval by Steering Committee, US-Pak Knowledge Corridor, HEC.
How to apply:
New User Registration:
- To create profile for first time user, fill in the available form on the link mentioned above.
- Click on 'Register' for new users and follow the steps stated below:
- You will be required to create user ID by using your CNIC (without dashes) as User ID and select your password.
- Create an Account and fill the required information available on the screen.
- Click and obtain 'Mobile Code' on your provided mobile no. for further process. (Currently, MNC / Ported numbers are not supported)
- After receiving code on your mobile enter the code.
- Enter your email ID and click Send Code. You will receive a code on your provided email.
- Please enter a valid email ID.
- Perform code verification and click on submission.
- You will be registered successfully. Please check your email for further information.
- You will be required enter your created 'User ID' & 'Password' then 'Sign in' on HEC E-portal.
- Complete online profile section wise at http://eportal.hec.gov.pk
- Click 'Scholarships and Grants' on left 'Navigation' and then 'US-PAK Knowledge Corridor Application'.
- Now follow instructions, fill and submit the form successfully.
2. 'Sign In' for applicants who already have Common Profile at HEC E Portal:
If you already created user ID at http://eportal.hec.gov.pk , then click & enter User ID and password and 'Sign in' and proceed further for scholarship by Clicking 'Scholarships and Grants' on left 'Navigation' and then 'US-PAK Knowledge Corridor Application'.
Now follow instructions, fill and submit the form successfully.