NUST Entrance Test for Undergraduate Programs
New System of Entrance test
The new system of UG admissions at NUST is being implemented in the year 2013. The salient features of the new system are given below:
The process of entrance test is delinked from admission process.
During an admission cycle, candidates can appear in entrance test more than once to improve their score, and apply for admission separately on the basis of best score when applications are invited tentatively in May-June.
Computer based entrance tests for all disciplines will be held in multiple sessions at NUST Campus Islamabad according to the following schedule:
- First Session (NET 1) - April-May
- Second Session (NET 2) - June-July
Paper based entrance test will be conducted in Karachi and Quetta only once in July.
Candidates who have cleared FSc (Part-I) or O level exam with minimum 60 % marks (or equivalent) are eligible to apply. For detailed criteria for eligibility please visit Undergraduate Admission section.
General Awareness portion in the NET has been replaced with Intelligence test questions having same weighting. i.e. 5%
Processing fee for entrance test and admission will be charged separately according to following structure:
For NUST Enrance Test
- Entrance Test Fee (per exam): - Rs. 2000/- or USD 25/-
- Admission Processing Fee (per programme) - Rs.1000/- or USD 12/-
For SAT Candidates
- SAT National - Rs.3000/- or USD 35/-
- SAT International - Rs.6000/- or USD 70/-
The result of NET will remain valid for the current admission cycle only which will culminate in Fall 2013.
- Having secured less than 60% marks in Matric and FA / FSc.
- Having failed / not appeared in any subject in FA / FSc Part-I / II.
- Having secured less than 60% marks in O/A level as per the equivalence certificate issued by IBCC.
- In case of O & A level / equivalent foreign qualification, those not in possession of valid O level or equivalent qualification certificate issued by IBCC at the time of applying to NUST.
ADMISSION ON THE BASIS OF SCHOLASTIC APTITUDE TEST (SAT)
The SAT Subject Test is a computer-based test held under the management of College Board, USA.
Candidates with SSC and HSSC or equivalent qualification are eligible to appear in SAT. For more information on SAT and how to apply for it, please visit their website at www.collegeboard.com.
The last date for SAT scores to reach NUST is July 15, 2013. Scores received after the deadline will not be entertained. The NUST institutional code to receive SAT scores is 2790.
SAT scores are valid for 2 years.
The merit list for candidates applying on the basis of SAT for national seats is prepared separately.
Seats for Pakistani National Students
A few seats are reserved for induction on the basis of SAT scores.
Separate admission form for applying on SAT basis will be available on NUST website tentatively in June 2013.
Pakistani candidates of both O/A Level and FA/ FSc streams can exercise this option and compete for the SAT seats by taking the SAT subject/ reasoning test and submitting the following results.
SAT Subject Test required in
Biology (E or M)
Note: For Medical Programmes, a minimum of 550 score is required in each of three subjects of which two have to be Biology and Chemistry.
comments powered by Disqus