Educational News from Paksitan, Admission, Scholarhsip, Board News, University News
ADMISSIONS to Government Medical and Dental Institutions of the Punjab for Session 2012-13
04 October, 2012
Applications are invited on prescribed Admission Forms, from candidates having Domicile (No other certificate is acceptable) of any district of Punjab or Federal Capital Area (Islamabad) and who have appeared in the Entrance Test held on 23rd September, 2012, for admission to Government Medical and Dental Colleges of the Punjab
WHO CAN APPLY i. For admission against Open Merit seats, only those candidates having an aggregate score of 80% or above marks(excluding Huffaz-e-Quran) can apply ii. According to PMDC Regulations, aggregate marks shall be calculated by adding the marks as follows: Matric or Equivalent ------ 10% FSc or Equivalent ------ 40% UHS Entrance Test ------ 50% The formula for calculation of Aggregate Marks is also available on UHS website www.uhs.edu.pk iii. The aforementioned condition is not applicable to candidates seeking admission against any category of reserved seats (Disabled Students, Under-Developed Districts, Cholistan) who can apply if they fulfill basic eligibility criteria as laid down in the Prospectus and also available on UHS website www.uhs.edu.pk. iv. There are 09 seats available on Reciprocal basis for Punjab domiciled candidates in the medical colleges of Balochistan, KPK and Azad Jammu & Kashmir. Candidates applying against open merit seats can exercise their option for these seats as well. No separate application will be invited for these seats.
HOW TO APPLY i. The Admission Kits containing Prospectus and Admission Form, will be available, free of cost, at University of Health Sciences, Khayaban-e-Jamia Punjab, Lahore, Rawalpindi Medical College Rawalpindi and Nishtar Medical College Multan, from 31st October to 10th November, 2012 (excluding Sunday and Iqbal Day), from 09:00 am to 03:00 pm. The candidates will have to provide the attested copies of their Matriculation, FSc (or Equivalent) and Entrance Test Result Cards and domicile certificate to be able to get the Admission Kit. ii. Candidates must submit the duly filled Admission Forms alongwith all required documents as provided in the Prospectus, IN PERSON at the centre from where they received their kit, from 31st October to 10th November, 2012 (excluding Sunday and Iqbal Day), from 09:00 am to 03:00 pm. Admission forms received by post shall not be entertained iii. Candidates will give their preference for medical and dental colleges in one single admission form which once given shall be final and cannot be changed subsequently. An applicant shall not be considered for a college he/she has not named in his/her order of preference. One candidate can only submit one form. There is no need to submit separate forms for MBBS and BDS iv. Forms once submitted shall not be returned. Incomplete or unsigned admission forms will be rejected
ADMISSION SCHEDULE • Test of Huffaz-e-Quran -- 8th Oct to 13th Oct, 2012
• Availability of Prospectus & Admission Forms -- 31st Oct to 10th Nov(excluding Sunday and Iqbal Day), 2012
• Submission of Admission Forms for Open Merit and Reserved seats (Under-Developed Districts, Cholistan and Disabled Students) 31st Oct to 10th Nov(excluding Sunday and Iqbal Day), 2012
• Medical Board for Disabled Candidates -- 14th Nov to 17th Nov, 2012
• First Selection List for MBBS (Open Merit, Under-Developed Districts, Cholistan and Disabled Students) -- 26th Nov, 2012
• Commencement of classes in medical colleges -- 13th Dec, 2012
• Second Selection List for MBBS -- 20th Dec, 2012
• First Selection List for BDS (Open Merit, Under-developed Districts and Disabled Students) -- 27th Dec, 2012
• Commencement of BDS classes -- 14th Jan, 2013
IMPORTANT 1. No admission form will be accepted after 03:00 pm on Saturday, 10th November, 2012.
2. Once the admission form is submitted, no other document (e.g., revised marks certificate, domicile certificate, etc) shall be acceptable. The documents submitted with the form shall be considered as final.
3. Candidates having foreign qualifications such as A/O-Level etc., shall have to provide the Equivalence Certificate issued by IBCC.
4. Any candidate found to have submitted forged certificates or fake documents with the admission form shall be permanently debarred from admission to any medical/dental college.
5. Candidates and their parents are advised to carefully go through the Prospectus before filling up the Admission Form
For more details, keep on visiting our website: www.uhs.edu.pk
Posted By hira on 31 October, 2012
mra pmc m adm hoskta h wd 83.4