On the occasion of the 75th Anniversary of Pakistan, the Higher Education Commission in collaboration with the Ministry of Planning Development & Special Initiatives is holding Inter-university Essay Writing Competition in Urdu and English languages. The essay writing competition is aimed at sensitizing the Pakistani youth to analyze opportunities and challenges faced by Pakistan and identify their role in the country's development through critical thinking, creativity, and productive engagement.
It is a great opportunity for the youth to demonstrate their extraordinary writing skills and win national awards. The deadline for submission of Essays for the HEC Essay Writing Competition is extended till September 06, 2022. Please note that incomplete and duplicate entries will be disqualified.
Topics for HEC Essay Writing Competition (Urdu and English)
- Development Journey of Pakistan from 1947 to 2022; Lessons Learnt viz-a-viz Other Countries
- Pakistan at 2047: National Youth Aspirations
Prize Money for HEC Essay Writing Competition
- First Prize: PKR: 500,000/-
- 2nd Position: PKR: 300,000/-
- 3rd Position: PKR: 200,000/-
- 4th to 10th Position: PKR: 100,000/-
- Must be a Pakistani/AJK citizen Most be a regular university student Maximum age limit is 25 years
- The essay should be submitted with a duly filled Registration Form available for download at www.hec.gov.pk Students can participate only in one language (English or Urdu).
- Word Count for an essay should be between 2500-3000 words. English Essay must be typed in 'Times New Roman size 12, Line spacing 1.5 & Converted to pdf file. Urdu Essay must be typed and converted to a pdf file.
- HEC reserves the right to reject any or all entries without assigning any reason. The essay along with the Registration Form is to be e-mailed and hard copies of the same be sent through the post to the address given below.
- Ms. Saher Mirza Assistant Director (Academics), Higher Education Commission Sector H-8, Islamabad. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org