National education foundation launches Education Voucher Scheme under its project PSDP for Islamabad, Gilgit Baltistan, and AJK. The aim of the scheme is to provide quality education to the children aged 5-9 years, belonging to less affluent and underprivileged areas, who otherwise cannot get education due to financial and social constraints.
Under the Education Voucher scheme, National Education Foundation NEF will provide PKR: 550/- per child to the schools for enrolled children in the primary section. The school shall not charge a fee from these children.
District covered under Education Voucher scheme
- Islamabad district
- Gilgit Baltistan: District Dia Mir and Astore
- AJK: District Muzaffarabad, Neelma Valley and Jhelum Valley
Application form can be downloaded from the website www.mofept.gov.pk or may be obtained from the NEF office.
School Selection Criteria for NEF Education Voucher Scheme
Following are the preferred criteria for selection of schools:
- Schools should be situated in the above-mentioned districts.
- No Government school available in 2 KM range in Islamabad, and 1 KM range in GB and AJK
- Schools must be teaching the locally approved curriculum
- School must be functional in the UC under the ownership of the present owner for the last six months.
- School to be registered with the concerned education department in GB and AJK. School in Islamabad must be registered with PEIRA
- School owner or head of school may apply for registration
- The applicant must be at least 25 years of age and a maximum of 60 years. The applicant must have a minimum intermediate qualification.
- Minimum 50 students must be enrolled in the school, and a minimum of 20-25 out of school children aged 5-9 must be available in the area.
The last date to apply for the NEF Education Voucher Scheme is August 20, 2020.