In compliance with the Admission Regulations-2018 of Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC), the University of Health Sciences (UHS) Lahore shall conduct Admission Test (MDCAT- 2019) for admission to MBBS/BDS programme in public and private sector Medical / Dental Institutions on Sunday, 25th August, 2019. The test shall start at 10:00 A.M. It shall be simultaneously arranged in the following cities:
Bahawalpur, Multan, Rahim Yar Khan and D.G. Khan. Lahore, Faisalabad, Sahiwal, Gujrat, Gujranwala, Sargodha and Sialkot. Rawalpindi and Hasan Abdal
Who can Apply
- It is Mandatory for candidates having domicile of Punjab to appear in MDCAT for admission to any Public Sector Medical/Dental Institution of Punjab or any Private Sector Medical/Dental Institution of Pakistan.
- The candidates having domicile of any district of Punjab, Islamabad (ICT) and Foreign Nationals/Overseas Pakistanis can appear in MDCAT.
- As per Admission Regulations-2018 of Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (as amended on 30th May, 2019), a candidate must have passed Intermediate/HSSC Pre-Medical Group or Equivalent Examination (e.g., A-Level, 12th Grade, etc) with minimum 70 per cent unadjusted marks (770/1100) marks. However, those awaiting result can also apply.
- Mere appearance in MDCAT does not confer the rightto apply for or claim admission to any medical/dental institution.
How to Apply for UHS MDCAT 2019
- A candidate can apply for the MDCAT 2019 only online by logging on to the Bank of Punjab weblink https://www.bop.com.pk/MDCAT-2019
- A candidate can apply using a desktop computer or laptop but not mobile phone.
- The candidate must follow the instructions given on the weblink to register himself/herself for MDCAT.
- After filling his/her particulars, the candidate will be asked to upload his/her latest colour photograph (not more than 2 months old). The size of the file should not be more than 2 mb.
- After completely filling the form, the candidate should have a "Preview" of his/her application.
- The candidate can submit his/her application by clicking the "Submit" button.
- It must be noted that the candidate cannot edit his/her application once it has been submitted. The candidates are, therefore, advised to carefully go through their application before submission.
- Upon successful submission, the candidate will be assigned a "Unique Application Serial Number" (e.g., UHS-123456789). The candidate should note that number as it will be used in future for accessing the submitted application and the Admittance Card issued by the Bank.
- The candidate should get a print of the filled application form by clicking "Down load & Print" button. If the facility of downloading and printing is not available at that time, the candidate can access his/her application any other time by clicking "Search Registration" button after entering his/her "Unique Application Serial Number"or CNIC/ Passport number. (x) On a single CNIC/ Passport number, only one application can be submitted. Candidates are, therefore, advised to submit only one application form. If a candidate submits more than one application form, his/her registration shall be cancelled.
Submission of Fee and Issuance of Admittance Card for UHS MDCAT 2019
- After submission of online application form, the candidate or his/her representative is required to visit the nearest branch of the Bank of Punjab (BoP) during banking hours alongwith the print-out of application form. Bank shall be closed on Saturday and Sunday. (xii) On submission of MDCAT fee of Rs.1300/- (non-refundable), the concerned bank official will stamp the application form and return the "candidate's copy" of the form to the candidate or his/her representative.
- Within 72 hours after fee submission, the candidate shall be communicated his/her Admittance Card, bearing his/her roll number and examination centre, via SMS alert and E-mail attachment at his/her mobile number and E-mail ID.
- The candidate is advised to download and take a print-out of this admittance card. (xv) The candidate can also download his/her admittance card by clicking "Search Admittance Card" button on the Bank of Punjab (BoP) weblink (https://www.bop.com.pk/MD CAT-2019) for MDCAT 2019.
3. Choice of the Centre
The candidate can select any of the 13 cities given above as his/her test centre. The candidates are advised for their own convenience to choose a city nearest to their residence.
Schedule of MDCAT 2019 Registration
The candidates can register online for MDCAT from 19th July 2019 to 29th July, 2019.
The registration will be closed after 04:00 pm on 29th July, 2019.
For submission of application form and fee for MDCAT-2019, the collection services shall be available at the counters of the Bank of Punjab (BoP) branches all over Pakistan from 19th July 2019 to 29th July, 2019. (excluding Saturdays, Sundays & Gazetted Holidays), 09:00 am to 05:00 pm.
Syllabus of MDCAT- 2019
The syllabus of MDCAT-2019 is available on UHS website (www.uhs.edu.pk). The candidates are advised to prepare for the test according to this syllabus from their own textbooks. They are cautioned against commercial courses being offered by various academies for preparation of MDCAT.
Pattern of MDCAT - 2019
(i) MDCAT-2019 shall comprise a single question paper containing 200 multiple choice questions (MCQs) divided into the following four (04) sections: Biology = 80 MCQs, Chemistry = 60 MCQs, Physics = 40 MCQs and English = 20 MCQs (ii) The duration of the test shall be 150 minutes (21/2 hours) and the total marks shall be 200. The pass marks in the test shall be 60% (i.e., 120/200). (iii) There shall be no negative marking in the test. (iv) There shall be question papers of different codes in which the sequence of questions and their responses shall be different from one another. The questions, however, shall be the same.
(i) The candidates will be required to mark their answers on a double sheeted Response Form. The candidate will mark answers on the upper, coloured sheet which will be automatically transferred on the lower, carbonized sheet. At the end of the Test, the upper sheet will be collected by the invigilation staff whereas the candidate will be allowed to take lower carbonized sheet with him/her. (ii) The university will display the answer keys to the question papers of all the codes on its website www.uhs.edu.pk within 12 hours after the test. The keys shall also be published in all major national dailies next day. (iii) Once the keys are released, the candidates can calculate their score themselves on the carbonized copy of Response Form with the help of concerned key. (iv) The official result of the Test shall be declared by the University as early as possible. It shall be displayed on the university website www.uhs.edu.pk. (v) Should a candidate wish to query or challenge a particular question in the test, he/she should send an e-mail at email@example.com by 6:00 PM on the test day. No complaint in this regard shall be entertained after that.
(i) The candidates must reach their respective centres at-least one hour before the commencement of the test on 25th August, 2019 (i.e. by 09:00 am). The centres will be sealed/closed at 09:15 am. (ii) The candidates must bring the following with them on the test day:
(a) Original CNIC/NICOP/POC/Smart Card for Juvenile issued by NADRA OR Original Passport (Photocopies are not acceptable).
(b) Print out of Admittance Card issued by the University;
(c) A clean clip board; (d) Two blue ball point pens (not pointers, markers, pencils, jel pens, etc.)
Note: A candidates who fails to bring Original PassporVCN1C/ NICOP, POC, Smart Card fa:Juvenile and print-out of his/her Admittance Card shall not be allowed to appear in the test. Domicile or B-Form or any other document shall not be acceptable for appearance in the test
(iii) The Mobile Numbers and E-mail address provided in the online Application Form should be entered correctly and they should be functional in all ways as the SMS and E-mail alerts regarding allotted Roll Numbers and Examination Centres shall be sent to these mobile numbers and E-mail addresses.
(iv) The Bank of Punjab web link (https://www.bop.com.pk/MDCAT-2019) will be active from 19th July 2019 (from 09:00 AM).
(v) The Information Booklet of MDCAT-2019 shall be available on University website (www.uhs.edu pk) with the start of registration process Candidates are advised to go through the Information Booklet to familiarize themselves with the rules and regulations of MDCAT which shall be binding upon them.