Talent Hunt Program (THP) is initiated by the USAID-funded Merit and Needs Based Scholarship Program to encourage and prepare talented female students from low-income families who aspire for higher education but cannot apply for admission to top Pakistani universities due to the lack of finances required to enroll for the professional entry test preparation workshops.
This initiative of USAID focuses on identifying bright female students with exceptional Matriculation and FA/FSc results ahead of time, investing in them by offering entry test preparation workshops for their admission to medical, engineering, and general universities of Pakistan. Applications can be submitted online at the HEC website. The last date to apply is August 24, 2022.
Eligibility Criteria for USAID Talent Hunt Program
- The student must be a Pakistani/AJ&K national
- Must belong to a low-income family
- Must have secured v 80% or above in Intermediate (12 years) in Engineering/Medical/Computer Sciences Group v 70% or above in Intermediate (12 year) in Social/General Science/Art & Humanities Group
- Special preference will be given to female students with different abilities
Process of Shortlisting
- The application will be scrutinized by the HEC Committee to determine the eligibility of the applicant.
- Merit list will be prepared based on academic records and needs-based criteria defined under the program.
- Offer letters will be issued to top candidates depending upon the available slots.
Program Coverage for Students
- Mock test will be conducted after the preparatory workshop
Online applications are invited for the following subjects only
- Engineering and Technology/Computer Sciences
- Business Education
- Social Sciences
- Physical Sciences
Entry Test Preparation Venue: BUITEMS, Quetta Apply online at the following link http://talenthunt.hec.gov.pk;