China Scholarship council CSC offers fully funded scholarships to Pakistani students through HEC for undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate studies in china. China Government is offering CSC scholarships to Pakistani students for Bachelor, Master and PhD programs in china.
CSC scholarships are available for 289 designated Chinese universities. These are top universities in china which offer a wide variety of academic programs in Science, Engineering, Agriculture, Medicine, Economics, Legal studies, Management, Education, History, Literature, Philosophy and Fine arts for scholarship recipients at all levels.
Note: For undergraduate students the medium of studies will be Chinese language throughout the degree program after a preparatory course of Chinese Language for one year.
Students, teachers and scholars desirous to avail Chinese Governmetn Scholarship are required to undertakes Chinese language course.
Chinese Government Scholarship covers both major study and Chinese language (preparatory) study. The table below illustrates the duration of each program.
Major Study (including preparatory years)
(preparatory study year)
HEC Chinese Government CSC Scholarship Covers:
- Full Tuition fee
- Monthly Stipend: Undergraduate students: CNY 2,500 per month;
- Master's students/general scholars: CNY 3,000 per month;
- Doctoral students/senior scholars: CNY 3,500 per month.
- Travel Expenditure:
Eligibility criteria for HEC Chinese Government CSC Scholarships
- Pakistani / AJK National
- Bachelor Programs: years of schooling (FA/ Fsc or equivalent A-level) under the age of 25 years
- For Master's Programs: Must be a bachelor's degree holder under the age of 35 years .
- For PhD Programs: A master's degree holder under the age of 40 years
List of Mandatory Documents:
- Degrees and Transcripts:
- Recommendation Letters:
- IELTS or HSK Certificates:
- Physical Medical Examination:
- Study Plan / Research Proposal / Motivation letter:
- Police Clearance Certificate:
List of Other Supporting Documents: Not Mandatory But Plus Point:
After online submission of applications, HEC will ask through email to only shortlisted candidates to submit two sets of following attested documents stapled in spiral binding separately with HEC online application form as under:
- Copies of applicant and father's/Guardian's CNIC.
- Copy of applicant's Domicile.
- Copy of HEC online submitted form.
- All educational degrees & transcripts from matric to last terminal degree attested by HEC & IBCC.
- Chinese online application form
- Pre admission letter from Chinese Government Scholarship Universities (Not mandatory)
- Language qualification certificate. e.g., HSK certificates, IELTS or TOFEL report (Not mandatory)
- A photocopy of valid passport information page.
- Two recommendation letters in original. (for Masters & PhD only)
- Two recent passport size photographs.
- Two copies of applicant's statement of purpose.
- Health/fitness certificate designed by the Chinese quarantine authority can be downloaded from here. The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months.
- Non-criminal record from police Department.
- In case of employment, No Objection Certificate (NOC) from applicant's employer will be required from short listed candidates.
- Certified English Translations of supporting documents (i.e. certificates, testimonials, transcripts) must be submitted for documents that are not in English.
- Hard Copies of the applications are not required at this stage. By-hand or incomplete applications shall NOT be entertained in any case.
Note: Applicants who don't have valid passports are advised to apply and get it before February, 2020 as it is mandatory to upload copy of passport at CSC portal.
Application Procedure for HEC CSC Scholarships 2020:
- No manual or incomplete applications on e-portal will be entertained. All applicants must apply online on HEC portal and in Chinese Universities.
- HEC will shortlist eligible applicants on the basis of merit & the number of scholarship slots allocated for Pakistani students.
- In case of submitting false information at any stage, HEC reserves the rights to cancel and debar for all future scholarships as well as impose penalty, as decided by HEC.
- Only apply online before the deadline of 5th January 2020, DO NOT send hardcopies of application forms or any other documents to HEC at this stage of application process.
- It is the sole responsibility of student(s) applying for any professional degree (viz. Medical, Engineering, Agriculture etc.) to first get confirmed its accreditation from the respective Councils i.e. Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC), Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (PMDC), Agriculture Council, & Nursing Council etc.
- bsite and retain its printed copy.
- To apply at Chinese web portal please click the link http://www.csc.edu.cn/ or www.campuschina.org
- For detail instructions about Chinese Govt. Scholarship and applying procedure please follow the link http://pk.chineseembassy.org/eng/zbgx/cultureservice/t1633589.htm and fill the Chinese online application carefully.
- Submit Fees of Rs.300/- in favour of HEC through HBL online facility. A separate bank Account No. 17427900133401 at HBL, H-9 Branch Islamabad is being maintained for online transfer of fee to HEC from any HBL branch across the country.
Hard Copies of the applications are not required at this stage. By-hand or incomplete applications shall NOT be entertained in any case.
Kindly note that HEC would forward nominations from Pakistan after shortlisting of potential candidates on merit through a test OR interview OR both. The decision of HEC will be final and binding. Last Date for online application on HEC portal is on or before 5th January, 2020.