Applications are open for HEC Commonwealth Scholarship for Masters and Ph.D. in the UK. Commonwealth scholarships are = Funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO), ). The basic criteria for Commonwealth Scholarships are to offer higher education opportunities to those who could not otherwise afford their studies in the UK.
Commonwealth scholarship offers around £1,330, (approximately PKR: 322000 per month) stipend, Return Air Ticket, Children Allowance, Spouse allowance, study tour allowance, and much more. The application deadline for the HEC Commonwealth Masters and Ph.D. scholarship is November 01, 2021. Applications will have to be submitted to both HEC and Commonwealth portals. The deadline for both the portals is the same. Your application must include the following supporting documentation by 16:00 (GMT) on 22nd November 2021 in order for your application to be eligible for consideration:
Levels: Masters, PhD
Fields: All Fields
Offered By: Higher Education Commission HEC : (Click here to view all scholarships by this authority)
Benefits of HEC Commonwealth Scholarship for the UK
The HEC Commonwealth Scholarship for and Ph.D. in the UK will cover the following:
- Stipend (living allowance) for Master's students at the rate of £1,133 per month, or £1,390 per month for those at universities in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2021-2022 levels).
- Stipend (living allowance) for Ph.D. students at the rate of £1,084 per month or £1,330, (approximately PKR: 322000 per month )for those at universities in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2018/2019 levels).
- Full tuition fees.
- Two-way ticket to UK (for the start of the program and at the end of the program)
- Warm clothing allowance, where applicable.
- Traveling Expense related to study tours
- Air Ticket for fieldwork
- One Air Ticket for Home country during the studies
- Family allowances are as follows:
- Spouse allowance of £233 per month
- Child allowance of £233 per month for the first child, and £114 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16
- child allowance of £465 per month for Widow/Divorced/single parent the first child, and £114 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16, if you are accompanied by your children and they are living with you at the same address in the UK.
The deadline for submission of the HEC online application is November 01, 2021
Programs offered for Commonwealth Master and Ph.D. Scholarships in the UK
Commonwealth Scholarships for masters and Ph.D. in the UK are for candidates from low and middle-income Commonwealth countries, for full-time Masters and Doctoral study (Ph.D.) at a UK University. These scholarships are offered under the following six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security, and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion, and opportunity
Eligibility Criteria for HEC Commonwealth Ph.D. scholarship UK
The admission is open under Commonwealth scholarship for the year 2021. Basic eligibility requirements are as follow:
To apply for these scholarships, you must:
o apply for these scholarships, you must meet the eligibility requirements mentioned below:
- Pakistani/AJK Nationsl. Dual nationals are not eligible.
- First Class Bachelor’s or Masters degree (16 years) for Master scholarship
- For a Ph.D. scholarship, the applicant must hold a first-class degree in relevant postgraduate qualification (17/18 years Masters/MS/MPhil degree) in the relevant field of study by the closing date of applications
- Applicants must not have more than two-second divisions are allowed.
- NOT be registered for a Master or Ph.D., or an MPhil leading to a Ph.D., at a UK university before September/October 2022
- Students currently pursuing Masters/MPhil or Ph.D. degrees are not eligible.
- Have the support of a potential supervisor from at least one UK university listed in your application form. (For Ph.D.)
- Two references were submitted online to the UK application system.
- Must obtain a minimum of 70% marks in the HEC Aptitude Test (HAT).
Kindly visit below mentioned links for further details on eligibility criteria & terms of the award:
How to Apply for HEC Commonwealth Ph.D. Scholarship UK 2021
Applicants are MANDATORILY required to submit only online applications at the Commonwealth and HEC websites. In case the applicant fails to submit online application forms on BOTH websites mentioned at Step (1) & Step (2), their application will not be considered for further processing.
Step- 1 (Commonwealth Online Application)
- Apply online to Commonwealth (CW) Scholarship for Doctoral studies (Ph.D.) through their Electronic Application System (EAS) at:
For Masters https://fs29.formsite.com/m3nCYq/tblglqacxe/index.html
- For Ph.D. https://fs29.formsite.com/m3nCYq/0mie49l1ze/index.html
- Step - 2 (HEC Online application)
- Apply online at the HEC website: https://eportal.hec.gov.pk. After registering and filling your profile, please select "Learning Opportunities Abroad" under the "Scholarship and Grant" menu in left-hand side panel of the online portal.
- While submitting an online application at the HEC website, do attach scan copy of the deposit slip of Rs. 800/- (non-refundable) deposited in HEC online Account No. 17427900133401 in HBL, Sector H-9, Islamabad for HEC Aptitude Test (HAT) to be conducted by Education Testing Council (ETC). All payments are to be made to HEC through HBL online facility available across HBL branches in Pakistan.
* Before applying, kindly update your HEC portal profile with the latest email/cell number & updated information.