The Regional English Language Office (RELO Pakistan) at the U.S Embassy Islamabad, is offering Online Professional English Network (OPEN; formerly E-Teacher) scholarships to English language teaching professionals to attend eight-week, online university-level courses offered by U.S. universities.
The course shall be conducted from July 6 to August 31, 2021. The last date to submit an application for OPEN Summer 2021 RELO Scholarship is Thursday, March 25, 2021.
Courses Available under OPEN Summer 2021 Scholarship
- Creating and Implementing Online Courses (CIOC) by Arizona State University
- Using Educational Technology in the English Language Classroom by Iowa State University
- Integrating Critical Thinking skills into the Exploration of culture in an EFL setting by World Learning
- Teaching Grammar Communicatively by World Learning
- Teaching English to Young Learners (under 12 years old) by George Mason University
- Content Based Instruction by World Learning
- TESOL Methodology by University of Maryland Baltimore County
- Professional Development for Teacher Trainers by Arizona State University
- English as a Medium for Instruction (EMI) by Ohio University
- Fostering Student Motivation and Engagement (FSME) by University of Oregon
Eligibility Criteria for OPEN Summer Scholarship 2021
- Be an English language professional
- Have strong English language reading and writing skills
- Be a citizen of Pakistan
- Reside in Pakistan for the entire duration of the course
- Have regular and reliable access to a high-speed internet connection
- Be able to spend 10 to 12 hours online each week for the duration of the 8-week course
- Be willing to be enrolled in a second or third course, if your primary choice is unavailable.
How to apply
Please visit www.evolution.com.pk/opengoc for an online application and more information. For queries, feel free to reach us at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 0300 2008575.