Applications on prescribed form are invited from the Female Candidates of Pakistani/AJK nationals for award of Ph.D. scholarships in the following disciplines under ISDP funded Project "Establishment of University Campus far Women at Bannu" University of Science & Technology Bannu at different selected institutions of higher learning in the UK, Austria, Germany, France, Netherlands, China, USA, Swede New Zealand, and South Korea: Countries subject to the approval of the University Statutory Authorities.
Two Ph.D. scholarships each for Sociology, Education, Psychology, and Media & Communication studies are offered by the University of Science & Technology Bannu. The last date to apply for the scholarship is March 10, 2021.
Fields: Social Sciences
Offered By: Higher Education Commission HEC : (Click here to view all scholarships by this authority)
Eligibility Criteria for Ph.D. Overseas Scholarships
- First Division MS/M.Phil system) or CGPA 3.00 out in the final degree in the (in the annual examination of 4.00 or 75 % marks relevant field from HEC recognized University/Institute for the Ph.D. scholarship.
- Maximum two-second divisions and no 3rd division throughout academic career
- Must have obtained requisite qualification on or before closing date March 10, 2021
- Age Limit: 35 years for all others 40 years for full-time faculty members of the University
- Those who are availing of any other scholarship not eligible to apply.
How to apply for UST Bannu Overseas Ph.D. Scholarship
- Application forms can be obtained from the establishment Section of the University or can be downloaded by visiting lour www.ustb.edu.pk.
- Applications on prescribed forms neatly filled in giving full particulars regarding bio-data, attested copies of academic degrees/certificates, experience certificates domicile, national identity card with five passport size recent photographs along with Bank receipt or Demand Draft of Rs.3000/- (non-refundable) in the Habib Bank Limited, Pakistan, UST Main Campus, Branch/ Bannu, PIS Account No. PK90 HB: 0023187000000501 University of Science & Technology, Bannu, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan should reach this office upto10-03 2021.
- Fresh candidates other than regular faculty members of the University of Science &Technology, Bannu will go through the prescribed selection process independently carried out by the University of Science and Technology Bannu.
- Successful scholars will be appointed without pay till the completion of their Ph.D. studies.
- The emoluments will start once they join the Campus for Women, UST Bannu after successful completion of their studies
- In-service applicants and faculty members from other Universities will also go through the same selection procedure mentioned atS.No3 above; in case they are eligible for award of scholarship.
- Award of the scholarship will only be confirmed after the appointment of successful candidates as a faculty member and grant of study leave as per Statutes, 2018/rules, University of Science Technology, Bannu,
- Incomplete applications or applications received after the closing date will not be entertained.
- NO TA/DA shall be paid for attending the test/interview.
- Awardees will have to execute bond inter alia containing the condition of serving the Campus for Worn n, Bannu for 5 years after completion of PhD
- Candidates are required to have secured admission in the International Universities of aforementioned Countries with whom Higher Education Commission, Islamabad have Agreements. For further detail about Countries/International Universities please visit https://hec.gov.pk/english/scholarshipsgrants/Guidelines/pages/default.aspx
- The maximum amount to be paid to the successful candidate/Scholars as per approved PC-I or as per HEC Policy applicable from time to time, including all categories of expenditures, i.e. stipend, fee, economy class air ticket (once}/actual cost, Book Allowance/Thesis Allowance (once) etc.