Pakistan Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (PCSIR) (Ministry of Science and Technology) announces Financial Support to M.Sc./MS/M.Phil/ Ph.D Students/ Researchers for Instrumental Access/Sample Analysis. Applications can be submitted by submitting the requisite form and mentioned required documents. Students enrolled in MSc, MS, MPhil, and Ph.D. in Chemical Sciences, Biological Sciences, Physical sciences, Agricultural sciences, and engineering programs are eligible to apply.
Pakistan Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (PCSIR) is a well-reputed and the largest R&D organization working under the Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of Pakistan. Keeping in view the high cost of research data acquisition i.e. acquiring and maintaining modern scientific equipment, the Government of Pakistan has approved a project to enable the scientific community to have access to sophisticated equipment by providing financial support for free sample analysis to the students of M.Sc. / MS/ M. Phil/ Ph.D./
Levels: Masters, PhD
Fields: All Fields
Researchers enrolled with public sector research institutions, universities, R&D organizations, and strategic research centers of Pakistan. Key Features Under the program, the eligible candidates/ students can avail analytical facilities from any public/ private sector laboratories in the following research areas:
Biological sciences Physical sciences
Eligibility Criteria for PCSIR Funding for MS and PhD
M. Sc./ MS! M. Phil/ Ph.D. students/researchers enrolled with public sector-research institutions, universities, R&D organizations, and strategic research centers of Pakistan subject to endorsement by the research supervisor, head of the department, and Director.
How to Apply for funding
Students may apply for the support program by submitting the Requisition Form and other documents to the undersigned. Please visit www.pcsir.gov.pk for the Requisition Form, other required documents, and guidelines.
To avail of the facility, the applicant needs to submit the filled-in requisition form with the following attachments:
- Summary/description of research proposal
- Copy of approval of Research Synopsis/Proposal
- Consent (Letter) of Service Provider
- Quotation from the Service Provider
- Brief profile of Research Supervisor
- Endorsement by the research supervisor, head of department, and Director must be obtained at the appropriate section of the prescribed application form
- The applicant needs to submit the application at least 8 weeks prior to sample analysis.
- The applications will be evaluated and decided by the Project Management Committee at PCSIR
- The decision of the Committee will be communicated to the applicant.
- For all the approved cases, PCSIR will issue an award letter to the applicant.
- Upon receipt of the award letter, the applicant may send samples to the service providers for analysis.
- The service provider will analyze the sample and bill the concerned applicant.
- The service provider will send the payment claims to PCSIR along with duly verified
- Original Invoice
- Results Acceptance Voucher
- copy of results
- The applicant will submit a satisfactory report, duly attested by the supervisor.
- PCSIR will release the sample analysis cost to the service provider accordingly