The Federal Government, in move to support the educational sector of less developed areas of Balochistan, Gilgit/ Baltistan, FATA, Interior Sindh, South Punjab, Malakand, Kohistan and D.I. Khan areas of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has decided to pay the tuition fee of all the students of these areas studying in Masters, M.Phil in the Public Sector Universities of their respective area of domicile and for PhD all Public Sector Universities of Pakistan.
Domicile: The Students having valid domicile/local certificates of areas included in the scheme i.e Balochistan, Gilgit Baltistan, FATA, Interior Sindh, Multan, Bahawalpur, D.G. Khan, Malakand, Kohistan and Dera Ismail Khan.
Enrolment:All onboard students who are enrolled on merit in the academic institutions located in their area of domicile are eligible. The students from FATA, Malakand, Kohistan and Dera Ismail Khan studying in institutions located in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa will be considered.
Institutions: Public sector universities, affiliated government colleges and Public Sector Degree Awarding Institutes (DAIs) situated in Balochistan, KPK (for FATA, Malakand, Kohistan and Dera Ismail Khan only) Gilgit/Baltistan, South Punjab and Interior Sindh.
Program: Tuition fee and other mandatory fees charged by the respective institutions will be paid for all students except for those admitted on self-finance basis or who are already availing any other scholarship.
1)The students who are availing scholarship from HEC, Provincial Govt. or any other organization, will be ineligible to apply.
2)The students who secured admission on self-finance basis will not be eligible.
3) The students who are not full time students will not be eligible.
HOW TO APPLY
1) List of students (detail mentioned below) will be collected from Public Sector academic institutions and there is no need to send any application or form to HEC.
2) All candidate names would be forwarded through respective university to HEC.
3) HEC will pay tuition fee (including other academic, incidental, or mandatory fees charged by educational institutions as one-off or on a per semester basis) to university directly.
4) There is no last date to apply for this scheme as HEC will pay fee till the provision of funds by the Government of Pakistan.
All onboard students of Master & MS/M.Phil who are enrolled on merit in the academic institutions located in their area of domicile are eligible. The students from FATA, Malakand, Kohistan and Dera Ismail Khan studying in institutions located in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa will be considered.
PhD candidates having domicile of Balochistan, Gilgit/ Baltistan, FATA Interior Sindh, Multan, Bahawalpur, D.G. Khan, Malakand, Kohistan and Dera Ismail Khan in any public sector university throughout Pakistan.
A candidate has to secure admission on merit in the area of their respective domicile and HEC identified universities. (list of identified universities is available at www.hec.gov.pk/tfp)
Master/MS/M.Phil candidates can take admission only in the universities located in the territory of Balochistan, Gilgit/ Baltistan and FATA, Malakand, Kohistan and Dera Ismail Khan (KPK Universities) with respect to their domicile.
PhD candidates having domicile of Balochistan, Gilgit/ Baltistan, FATA Interior Sindh, Multan, Bahawalpur, D.G. Khan, Malakand, Kohistan and Dera Ismail Khan are allowed to secure admission in any public sector university throughout Pakistan.
1) Subsequent Payments will require satisfactory progress report/result of students.
2) For continuation of free education, the students will maintain minimum Percentage/GPA which is necessary to retain his/her admission for the respective university.
3) During the period, the student must be a full time student and he/she will take full load of subjects/credits during each semester/term/year.
List of Universities/Colleges
Students enrolled on merit in Masters, MS/M.Phil and PhD in the academic institutions located in the territory of Balochistan, FATA (enrolled in KPK Institutions only) and Gilgit/Baltistan are eligible. The students enrolled in affiliated Postgraduate Government Colleges and Public Sector Degree Awarding Institutes (DAIs) situated in Balochistan, FATA, KPK and Gilgit/Baltistan will also be provided tuition fee waiver.
1. Balochistan University of Engg & Technology (BUET), Khuzdar
2. BUITEMS Quetta
3. University of Balochistan, Quetta
4. Sardar Bahadur Khan Women's University, Quetta
5. Lasbela University of Agriculture, Water and Marine Sciences, Balochistan
6. NUML ,Quetta Campus
1. Karakoram International University, Gilgit
1. Gomal University (GU), D.I.Khan
2. Hazara University (HU), Mansehra
3. Kohat University of Science & Technology (KUST), Jarma,Kohat
4. KPK Agricultural University, Peshawar
5. KPK University of Engg. & Technology, Peshawar
6. University of Malakand (UM), Malakand
7. University of Peshawar (PUP), Peshawar
8. Institute of Management Sciences, Peshawar
9. University of Science & Technology, Bannu
10. Frontier Women University, Peshawar
11. Khyber Medical University,Peshawar
12. Islamia College of University, Peshawar
13. Abdul Wali Khan University, Mardan
14. Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University, Dir Upper
15. University of Swat, Swat
16. NUML, Peshawar Campus
17. UET Peshawar (Abbottabad Campus,Abbottabad, Mardan Campus, Mardan, Bannu Campus, Bannu,Jalozai Campus, Jalozai)
18. Hazara University,Haripur Campus, Haripur
19. COMSATS University, Abbottabad
20. Bacha Khan University, Charsadda
Levels: Masters, PhD
Fields: All Fields
Offered By: Higher Education Commission HEC : (Click here to view all scholarships by this authority)