Lahore High Court invites applications for appointment against the vacant posts of Additional District & Sessions Judges. Selected candidates will be appointed on BS-20 on temporary basis. Selected candidates may also be appointed permanent.
Eligibility Criteria for Lahore High Court Judges Jobs 2020
- An advocate who possesses a degree in Law from a recognized university entitling him/her to practise the profession of law or is a Member of the Faculty of Advocates of Scotland
- A practising advocate of the Lahore High Court and the Courts subordinate to the Lahore High Court with minimum practice of ten years (ten years practice as an advocate shall be counted from the date when the advocate became registered member of any Bar Association under Rule 7.10 read with Rule 7.12 of The Punjab Legal Practitioners and the Bar Council Rules, 1974).
- AGE Not less than 35 years and not more than 45 years of age as on 25th February 2020.
PAY BS-20 plus admissible allowances.
Selection Procedure for Lahore High Court Judges Jobs
- The examination will commence w.e.f. 2nd April 2020.
- Candidates securing 40% marks in each paper and 50% marks in aggregate shall be considered to have passed the written examination.
- After passing the written examination, candidates shall undergo a compulsory Psychological and Aptitude Test.
- The report of the Psychological and Aptitude Test (without awarding any marks) shall be placed before the Interview Committee for consideration at the time of interview.
- INTERVIEW - Candidates who qualify written examination shall be called for Interview.
- Those who secure 50% marks (150 out of 300 marks) in the interview shall be considered for appointment.
The date sheet and place of examination will be intimated to the eligible candidates through press, official website, call letters, SMS and e-mails.
In case of concealment of facts, false information or misstatement made by any candidate in any document is found, the Lahore High Court reserves its right to cancel the candidature at any stage, even after appointment. Such concealment/misstatement shall lead to proceedings against the said candidate under the Punjab Legal Practitioners and Bar Councils Act, 1973, or criminal prosecution under the Pakistan Penal Code, 1860 and shall forfeit his/her right to appear in this or subsequent examination(s) or to remain in service.
Online prescribed application forms are available on official website of Lahore High Court, Lahore i.e. www.lhc.gov.pk.
Candidates are required to deposit non-refundable examination fee of Rs.5,000/- (rupees five thousand only) online in any branch of MCB bank situated within the province of Punjab in MCB Bank Lahore High Court, Lahore Branch Gold Saving Account no.0785503341001134 titled ‘Human Resource-District Judiciary’ and fill in online prescribed application form. After taking print thereof, the candidates are required to forward application form to the office of the undersigned alongwith original fee deposit slip.
The online application form alongwith hard copy and relevant documents must be dispatched to the office of the undersigned on or before 25th February 2020. No hard copy of the online application shall be accepted, thereafter.
Required Documents for Lahore High Court Jobs Application
The attested copies of the following documents must be attached with the hard copy of the application form:-
- All educational certificates.
- Domicile certificate.
- Computerized national identity card.
- Enrolment certificate as an advocate of lower courts issued by Punjab Bar Council.
- Enrolment certificate as an advocate of High Court issued by Punjab Bar Council.
- Membership certificate issued by President District/Tehsil Bar Association, mentioning the date of membership.
- Membership certificate issued by President, High Court Bar Association.
- Prescribed Experience Certificate as an advocate for ten years practice duly signed by the concerned President, District Bar Association, stating the date when the candidate acquired the membership of the Bar Association and duly countersigned by the concerned District and Sessions Judge.
- Prescribed Character Certificate from the President District/Tehsil Bar Association duly countersigned by the concerned District & Sessions Judge.