The admission to the Bachelor Programs of the Institute is decided on the basis of candidate's earlier educational achievements and his/her score in the admission test, which comprises multiple choice questions based on Pakistani intermediate level Physics and Mathematics and English.
The test is held simultaneously at Rawalpindi, Peshawar, Lahore, Quetta, Karachi and Multan. The venue and general instructions for the test are intimated on Institute website. Applicants can choose the test center according to their convenience. The results of the admission test are communicated to the selected candidates online through admission website.
GIKI Entry Test Schedule Schedule
The admission test will be held from July 26 to August 01, 2021. The Last date to apply for admission iJuly 04, 2021. Classes will start from 20th September 2021.
GIKI Entry Test Pattern
- Mathematics 30 MCQs
- Physics 30 MCQs
- English 20 MCQs
Total Marks: 200 Marks
Time Allowed: 120 Minutes
GIK Entry Test Marking
- Correct Answer: 2.5 Marks
- Incorrect Answer: -1 (in Pysics and Math only)
- Not Attempted: 0 Marks
GIK Merit Formula
Score in Admission Test OR SAT-II (in Mathematics and Physics for Engineering and Computer Science Programs and in any two subjects for Management Sciences Program) for those applying from outside Pakistan
HSSC Part I + SSC/Equivalent.
10% + 5%
O-level (for those with A-Level and O-Level background).
Last completed qualification for High School Diploma, IB diploma or B.Sc. or DAE.
Candidates for admission must meet one of the following criteria:
- HSSC (Pre-Engineering i.e Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry) with 60% or above marks each in Mathematics, Physics & Overall.
- HSSC (Pre-Medical) with Additional Mathematics and 60% or above marks each in Mathematics, Physics & Overall.
- A-Level in three subjects Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry with D or above grade each in Mathematics & Physics and O-Level in eight subjects (English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Computer Science, Urdu, Islamic Studies & Pakistan Studies) for local applicants and in five subjects (English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Computer Science) for those applying from abroad.
- American or Canadian High School Diploma or International Baccalaureate Diploma with Mathematics (with Calculus), Physics and Chemistry with 60% or above marks, as per IBCC equivalence formula, each in Mathematics, Physics & Overall.
- B.Sc. (Mathematics & Physics) with 60% or above marks each in Mathematics, Physics & Overall.
- Three years Diploma of Associate Engineering (DAE) in relevant technology from a Pakistani Board of Technical Education with at least 60% marks each in Mathematics, Physics & Overall.
- Applicant with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry background can apply for all Programs including Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Applicant with Computer Science/Computer Studies background instead of Chemistry at their HSSC or A- Level can only apply for Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
How to Apply
- Go to http://admissions.giki.edu.pk/
- Login, fill in and submit online application form.
- Upload recent color photograph.
- Optionally apply online for scholarship or loan.
- Print Bank Challan.
- Make payment in Bank and Fill in paid bank challan details in your profile.
- Reach test center with Admit Card , orignal Matric/O-Level Certificate and Paid challan GIK Copy on June 25, 2016.
- Check entry test result online.
- Send check listed documents to admission office in case of admission is offered.
- Keep visiting your profile for any update before and after Entry Test.
- How to pay the Application Processing fee ?
Processing fee can be paid:
Online to HBL A/C No. 19790000085901 for payment in PKR
For payment in US $:
Bank: Habib Bank Ltd
Title of Account: GIK Institute Topi
Account No: 19790002044611
Branch Code: 1979
Swift Code: HABB PKK AXXX
- To send your SAT-II Score, use GIK Institute's registered Institute Code: 0096
The overseas applicants have the option to take Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT-II) in Physics and Mathematics (Math IIC) in place of Institute's Admission test. Applicants have to choose only one basis for their admission i.e. admission test or SAT-II, an option once exercised cannot be changed. The candidates filing two separate applications on two different bases for admission are liable to be disqualified.
An applicant for transfer from a local or foreign institution is required to have passed the Institute's admission test or SAT - II (overseas applicants) respectively by securing equal or more marks than the minimum merit of the faculty in which he/she seeks admission. However, acceptance of request for transfer will depend on availability of seats, and the quality of academic work already done by the applicant. For supplementary information and application form please contact: