Punjab workers welfare board PWWB is offering full scholarships to the laborers and miners and/or their children for all single-degree programs at COMSATS Lahore and Islamabad Campus. COMSATS has reserved a 30% quota in all the single-degree programs for worker and/or their children. The application deadline for COMSATS worker welfare fund scholarships is December 29, 2022. Seats for Labour Quota admission on Scholarships are available in Islamabad and Lahore Campus.
The Labour department of the Government of Punjab is responsible for the payment of all the expenses of the PWWB Quota students. PWWB Scholarship covers
Levels: Bachelor, Masters, PhD
Fields: Engineering & IT, Natural Sciences, Social Sciences, Management Sciences
Offered By: University : (Click here to view all scholarships by this authority)
- Tuition fee,
- Hostel fee
- Transportation cost.
Eligibility Criteria for PWWB COMSATS Scholarship
The worker needs to fulfill the following criteria:
- A person is qualified as a labor department worker if he fulfills the definition of the worker as defined in the Industrial Relations Act, 2010.
- The worker should have a valid social security card.
- The worker should have a minimum work experience of 1 year in a factory registered under the Factories Act 1934 or Mines Act 1923.
- An organization will be deemed as a factory if it fulfills the definition of a factory as defined in the Workers’ Welfare Fund Ordinance 1971 or the Companies’ Profit Workers Participation Act 1968.
- Children of deceased/disabled workers are also eligible to apply for this scholarship provided that the worker/ miner was deceased/ disabled during service, registered under the EOBI/ Social Security, and his widow/ legal heir got Death Grant from Punjab Workers’ Welfare Board, or receives a pension from the EOBI/ Social Security.
- The worker/ miner or his child seeking admission should not have been involved in any illegal activity or criminal proceedings.
Award Of PWWB COMSATS Scholarship 2023
The candidates apply for this scholarship at the time of admission to all the Single Degree Programs. The candidates need to submit the following set of documents along with their admission application form at the time of admission:
- Worker/ miner’s CNIC.
- Worker/ miner’s Social Security Card/ Old Age Benefit Card.
- Worker/ miner’s Factory Card/ Employee Card mentioning his/ her designation.
- Worker/ miner’s Appointment Letter.
- The Factory Registration Certificate under the Factories Act 1934 or Mines Act 1923.
- CNIC/ Family Registration Certificate issued by NADRA of the prospective student.
- Worker/ miner’s Service Certificate and a certificate on his/ her good moral conduct.
- The candidate needs to sign an affidavit on Rs. 20. Stamp Paper stating that if he/ she discontinues his/ her education, he/she will pay all the educational expenditures back to the Labour Department.
- In the case of a deceased/ disabled worker/ miner, proof of receiving a Death Grant/ Disability Pension needs to be submitted.
This scholarship is provided for a maximum of 8 semesters or the maximum duration of the student’s respective degree program. In case if a student repeats a course or semester, he/she has to deposit the dues as per CIIT rules and regulations.