University of Kotli Azad Jammu and Kashmir invites Applications for fully funded Overseas Ph.D. Scholarships. Applicants Ph.D. degree shall be sponsored by the University. The award of Ph.D. scholarships Against the Project titled Development of Academic & Research Facilities at University of Kotli AJ&K. The last date to submit an application for the award of the Overseas Scholarship is September 14, 2020.
Applications are required to submit an application on prescribed form along with attested copies of degrees I eertiftea1es and other documents must reach the undersigned Office on or before September 14, 2020. Applications received after due date will not be entertained. Bank Draft of Rs. 500/- foe all disciplines in the favor Treasurer, University of Kotli, AJ&K. must be enclosed with the application.
Scholarship will be awarded for a Ph.D. degree in the following disciplines:
- Banking & Finance
- Computer Sciences
- Public Administration
Eligibility Criteria for University of Kotli Overseas Scholarships
- Pakistani / AJK nationals
- Must have MS/ M.Phil degree (18 years) in a relevant field.
- Must have first division (in annual examination system) or CGPA 3.0 out of 4.0 or 75% marks in the final degree.
- Maximum two-second divisions and no third division throughout academic career.
- Maximum age on closing date of scholarship
- 40 years for full-time regular faculty members of public sector universities/ colleges and employees or the public sector organizations.
- 35 years for all others.
- Must have obtained requisite qualification on or before closing date 14 September, 2020.
- Those who are availing any other scholarship are not eligible to apply.
How to apply for Overseas Ph.D. Scholarship
Applications are required to submit an application on prescribed form along with attested copies of degrees I eertiftea1es and other documents must reach the undersigned Office on or before September 14, 2020. Applications received after due date will not be entertained.
Bank Draft of Rs. 500/- foe all disciplines in the favor Treasurer, University of Kotli, AJ&K. must be enclosed with the application.
- The scholarship will be awarded in specific subject areas.
- University /HEC may conduct a scholarship test / Interview for shortlisting. The candidates will be informed about the test interview via email.
- 3. Candidates who are not faculty members already at the University of Kotli will go through the selection process independently carried out by the University.
- 4. Successful scholars will be appointed without pay & allowances till completion of their studies. The emoluments will start once they join the University after successful completion of the studies abroad.
- 5. In-service applicants and faculty members at other universities/organizations will also go through the same selection procedure as explained above; in case they are considered for award of scholarship.
- In-service candidates should apply through Proper channels after getting NOC from the current employer.
- Award of scholarship will only be confirmed after faculty appointment and grant of study leave as per rules of the University.
- Candidates will have to secure admission in the international universities
- Candidates are required to fulfill the requirement of Host University to secure admission in Ph.D which includes international GRE, TOFEL etc.
- Awardees will have to execute a bond with University or Kotli to serve for 5 years after completion of a Ph.D. No request for change of University for the purpose of service bond will be entertained in any case.