HEC announces Scholarships for Faculty Development Programme for Pakistani Universities (Indigenous Ph.D. Scholarships). The scholarship program will provide an opportunity to faculty members of Public Sector Universities/ Degree Awarding Institutions (DAls) to enroll at HEC recognized Pakistani Universities/DAI which should have international collaborations with reputed universities of the world. The scholars will be provided scholarships for a maximum period of 4 years including 12 months abroad.
Applications can be submitted online at HEC e-Portal. The last date to apply for the HEC Faculty Development program is November 03, 2021. Candidates who are or may be enrolled in one of the HEC recognized Universities listed on the HEC website will be considered for the scholarship. Applicants must keep a copy of the original deposit slip. At a later stage, a Hard Copy will be required.
Fields: All Fields
Offered By: Higher Education Commission HEC : (Click here to view all scholarships by this authority)
Eligibility Criteria for HEC Faculty Development program 2021
- Must be Pakistani/ AJK nationals only.
- Must have a minimum of 18 years of education with MS/ MPhil/ equivalent degree for Ph.D. admission in a relevant field.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of teaching experience in the HEC Recognized Universities/Institutes.
- Must have a first division (in annual examination system) or minimum CGPA 3.0 out of 4.0 in the final degree and no 3rd division or D grade in the entire academic career.
- Maximum age on the closing date: 45 years.
- The faculty members who are already enrolled in Ph.D. or availing HEC/ Government/ university or any other scholarship are NOT eligible to apply.
- Visiting/ adjunct faculty are not eligible to apply.4
HEC Faculty Development Program Application Procedure:
- Applicants are required to submit an online application via HEC e-portal (Link available at HEC website http://eporta.hec.gov.pk
- A hard copy of the application and any other documents are not required at this stage.
- Original online deposit slip! ATM Transfer Slip of Rs. 500/- (non-refundable) as application processing fee in favor of Director General Finance, HEC needs to be uploaded on the HEC e-portal and keep it as a record. Fee can be deposited through any bank in Account Number 17424900133401 Habib Bank Limited.
- The selected faculty members will be required to have a foreign co-supervisor from a well-reputed foreign university (top-ranked 500 universities of the world as per QS ranking where they will complete foreign session of the study plant
- Applications are considered on the following basis:
- Academic Merit of the Candidate (By Academic Evaluation Formula)
- HEC Aptitude Test
- interview by Subject Experts
- NSMC decision will be final for selection of the scholarship award
- The scholarship awardee will have to obtain admission for Ph.D. in those HEC recognized universities/ DAls who already have collaboration / Memorandum of Understanding with reputed universities abroad.
- The selection of the discipline will be based on the requirements of higher education institutions.
- Merit list of Scholarships will be prepared on the basis of online information/ data provided by the applicants and in case of any error/omission, the offer will stand canceled.
- HEC reserves the right to select or reject applicants on the basis of selection criteria approved by NSMC.
- Applicants are required to keep a record of the original fee deposit slip. A hard copy will be required at a later stage.