The Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan offers a six-month research fellowship abroad to full-time PhD scholars enrolled in higher education institutions of Pakistan and AJK under its international Research Support Initiative Programme ( IRSIP).
The purpose of this Programme is to enhance the research capabilities of PhD scholars and also develop linkages between Pakistani and foreign institutions.HEC receives applications IOI IASIP throughout the year, and fellowships are awarded on a quarterly basis after a thorough evaluation of the application.
Fields: All Fields
Offered By: Higher Education Commission HEC : (Click here to view all scholarships by this authority)
Eligibility criteria for HEC international Research Support Initiative Programme IRSIP
- Full-time PhD scholars, who are Pakistan/AJK nationals.
- Minimum two years of enrollment in PhD Programme and maximum up to 3.5 years.
- The coursework of at least t 8 credit hours
- He/She must have passed PhD admission test at the time of admission, as per Higher Education Commission of Pakistan's rules.
- He/She must have an approved PhD research topic and synopsis by the Board of Advanced Studies and Research (BASR) Of Directorate of Advanced Studies and Research (DASR) or equivalent body of the university.
- He/She must have an official acceptance/invitation letter for research from a foreign university/institute/laboratory. The university/institution must be listed in the top 200 university list as per Times Ranking of World Universities either in the general category or in the relevant subject of the applicant.
- The foreign supervisor should not be an ex-supervisor of the Local Supervisor.
- Scholars already availing any other local HEC Scholarship are also eligible to apply provided they must submit NOC from concerned HEC focal person.
How to Apply for HEC IRSIP Research Fellowship Abroad
Applications can be submitted round the year. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as they fulfil the basic criteria. Incomplete applications are not entertained. For details about the application procedure and more information, please visit http://hec.gov.pk/site/IRSIP