Higher Education Commission is focused to enhance a progressive research culture throughout the country and expedite every opportunity to equip the local human resource with new methodologies and scientific solutions. The Overseas Scholarship Program under AHBP is specifically designed for this purpose, where 200 Overseas Scholarships are being offered to local residents of Balochistan, on district quota basis.
The potential candidates are offered to complete PhD in world top 500 universities as per Times Higher Education Ranking or in those technologically advanced universities/countries, with whom HEC has signed Document of Understanding.
- Applicant must possess Local/Domicile Certificate of Balochistan Province.
- At least two Certificates/Degrees must have been studied-in and obtained from HEC recognized Universities/DAIs located in Balochistan province.
- Maximum age, as on closing date of receipt of applications:
- 40 years for full-time regular faculty members of public sector universities/colleges and employees of public sector R&D organizations.
- 35 years for those having MS/MPhil (18 years) degree/qualification and applying for PhD programme.
- 30 years for those having MA/MSc/Bachelor (16 years) degree and applying for MS/MPhil leading to PhD programme.
- For MS/MPhil leading to PhD, the candidate must have completed 16 years education or equivalent degree (Bachelors/Masters).
- For direct PhD, the candidate must have completed 18 years education or equivalent degree (MS/MPhil).
- 3rd Division or less than 45% marks in any Degree/Certificate during entire academic career is NOT acceptable. The candidate applying for PhD scholarship should have a minimum CGPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 (in semester system) or First Division (in annual system) in MS/MPhil or equivalent degree.
- Candidate must have acquired the requisite academic qualification on or before the closing date.
- Candidate must secure minimum 50 marks (Cumulative Test Score) in HEC Scholarship Aptitude Test (HAT).
- For Medical disciplines, applicant must have a valid Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC) registration certificate.
- For Engineering disciplines, applicant must have a valid Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) registration certificate.
- Candidate who is already availing any other HEC/Non-HEC scholarship is NOT eligible to apply.