University of Engineering and Technology UET Swat announces Overseas Ph.D. Scholarships under Faculty Development Program. Full Ph.D. studies of the selected candidates in a US University shall be sponsored by the SWAT UET. Pakistan/AJK Nationals having KP Domiciles may apply for the overseas Ph.D. Scholarship. These scholarships are specifically for admission to the Ph.D. program in US Universities. Applications are to be submitted online at the Swat UET website.
The last date to submit the application for the Swat UET Overseas Ph.D. scholarship is March 08, 2021. Selection will be made based on Academic merit, aptitude test, and interview by the subject expert. All the successful candidates will be offered jobs at SUET subject to the successful completion of their Ph.D. Degree.
SUET Overseas Ph.D. Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Pakistani National/AJK nationals having KP Domiciles
- Must have a minimum of 18 years of education with MS/MPhil/Equivalent degree for Ph.D. admission in relevant field
- Must have a first division (in the annual examination system) or CGPA 3.0 out of 4.0 or 4.0 out of 5.0 in the final degree
- Maximum two send divisions and no third division throughout academic career
- The maximum age on closing date must be 35 years for all applicants
- Must obtain a minimum of 50 marks in SUET Aptitude Test
- Must have obtained requisite qualification on or before the closing date i.e. March 08, 2021
- Those who are availing of any other scholarship are not eligible to apply for the SUET overseas Ph.D. Scholarship
How to apply for SUET Overseas Ph.D. Scholarship
SUET Overseas Ph.D. scholarship application can be submitted through the following procedure.
- Applicants can submit an online application via SUET e-portal i.e. http://www.suet.edu.pk
- Original online deposit slip or ATM transfer slip of Rs: 500/- (non-refundable) as application processing fee in favor of project director, SUET must be uploaded on SUET e-portal. The fee can be deposited in the UBL Account through any bank.
- SUET Overseas Ph.D. Scholarships are offered in the following areas:
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Bio-Medical Engineering
- Computer System Engineering/Data Analytics/Artificial Intelligence
- Engineering Management/Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering
- Materials, Mining, and Metallurgy
- Applicants are considered on the following basis
- Academic Merit of the candidate
- Aptitude Test
- Interview by Subject Expert
- Applicants are required to fill in the information through the online application process. The request for the amendment will not be entertained after the submission of the online application.
- SUET Overseas Ph.D. Scholarship merit lists will be prepared on the basis of online data/information provided by the applicant. In case any information is found to be untrue/misrepresentation at any state, the application process will be terminated
- The candidate will have to secure admission to the US University with whom SUET has signed an agreement
- Awardees will have to execute a bond with HED and SUET to serve the same university for five years after completion of the study.