German Government announces Albert Einstein German Academic Refugee Initiative (DAFI Scholarship) for Afghan Refugees studying in undergraduate degree programs in Pakistani universities. Inspire Pakistan in collaboration with United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR) shall administer the award of DAFI scholarships. Women and persons with specific needs are encouraged to apply. The deadline for submission of this application is 16th August, 2021.
The DAFI program aims to support qualified, academically strong young refugee women and men who meet the requirements to access higher education in their first country of asylum. DAFI scholarships are awarded to undergraduate students for a maximum of four years in accredited and recognized higher education institutions/Universities.
Fields: All Fields
The DAFI scholarship is awarded for four years but may be renewed each year for up to four years based on your academic performance i.e., regular class attendance, semester and annual results, progress towards the degree within the regular study time foreseen by the higher education institution, and participation in DAFI program activities such as the DAFI club and community engagement.
German Government DAFI Scholarship Covers:
A DAFI scholarship covers the
- University Tuition fee and academic fee
- Study Material e.g. books, notes etc…
- Research or internship costs
- A subsistence allowance to meet basic food, transport, accommodation and other expenses
DAFI Scholarship for Afghan Refugees Eligibility Criteria:
To apply for a DAFI scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Valid POR Card Holder
- 17-30 Years of Age
- Passed Intermediate or Equivalent examination
- Enrolled in HEC Recognized Universities/institution and possess admission offer letter
- Minimum 60% marks in last examination
- No other family member receiving DAFI Scholarship
- The application must not be receiving any scholarship from any other organization
- You are in need of financial assistance to pursue your studies.
- You have a strong motivation to contribute to your community through leadership, volunteering, community service, mentoring, community development or similar.
Download Application form here http://inspirepk.org/downloads/DAFI-Scholarship-Programme-Application-Form-2021.pdf The application must include all required documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Document Required with DAFI Afghan Refugee Scholarship form
- Completely filled and signed DAFI Application form
- 2 Passport Size Photographs
- Copy of Valid POR Card
- Copy of Matric and Inter Certificates with DMCs
- Proof of enrollment in institution
- Equivalence certificate for students who have studied in Afghan Schools