Higher Education Commission HEC Islamabad announces Huawei Seeds for the Future Program 2021 in collaboration with Huawei Technologies (Pvt.) Ltd. Undergraduate students can apply for the program through HEC. 30 students will be selected under Huawei Seeds for the Future program and will be given online training in Advanced ICT skills for eight days..
HEC and Huawei provided ICT skills training to 87 students in the last 6 years. The students were sent to China for two weeks training program. But due to COVID-19, this year online training is arranged for 30 students. the training will continue from 9th August to 16th August. The selected students will be able to obtain valuable cutting-edge ICT knowledge developed by Huawei's Headquarters and experience cross-cultural communication virtually.
HEC HUAWEI Seeds for Future 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- Pakistani/AJK nationals & permanent residents of Pakistan/AJK.
- Dual nationality holders are not eligible
- Students enrolled in undergraduate programs in disciplines/subjects including Information and Communication Technology, Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Informatics, Multimedia & Digital Arts, Software Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Electrical Communication Engineering, Telecom Engineering, Electronics Engineering, etc.
- Enrolled in 7th & 8th Semester of ICT-related Undergraduate degrees (four years program only with 7th Semester & 8th Semester) with minimum CGPA of 3.5 out of 4.
- Students who have completed their four years of Undergraduate ICT-related degrees with a minimum CGPA of 3.5 out of 4 since summer 2020.
- Less than 24 years old on the closing date of application
- speak English fluently
- strong interest in Information Communication & Technology and related fields
- Those students who have already got this training in previous years are not eligible to apply.
- With personal computer equipment and strong internet connection
How to Apply for HEC Huawei Seeds for the future program 2021
Applications can be submitted online through the HEC online application portal seedsprogramme.hec.gov.pk the hard copies of documents are not required. The last date to apply for Huawei Seeds for future program 2021 is July 27, 2021. Interviews of the selected students may be conducted.